Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Hold On

"Hold on to me girl
If you feel your grip getting loose,
just know that I'm right next to you
Hold on to me girl
If you feel your grip getting loose
Just know that I won't let you down."




He is telling her now how he will  be there to protect her, take care of her, and be a crutch she can lean on.  "If you feel your grip getting loose/just know that I'm right next to you," no matter what it is or how she is feeling he will be right by her side through it all.  He is professed his love earlier in the song now he is explaining how he is committed.  "If you feel your grip getting loose/Just know that I won't let you down," this time he is explaining how he will never disappoint her and that he will do whatever needs to be done for her and for their relationship.

2 comments:

Megzy said...

I agree with you on this post also. Could "If you feel your grip getting loose/Just know that I won't let you down," be psychological, as in not being physical? When her grip is getting loose, is it her losing grip on reality and him being able to help her?

Wiedbrauk said...

"If you feel your grip getting loose/ Just know that I won't let you down." Is this possibly an allusion to holding hands, or 'take my hand' references?